Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 genealogy resolutions

There's one genealogy resolution that I haven't made any progress on the past 2 years, that I've decided to make my ONLY resolution for 2013: blogging.

Goal 1:  Each Saturday, blog about one puzzle in my family research, both as a personal research log and also for public suggestion or matchup.  

That's it for 1st quarter!


That's not to say that's the ONLY genealogy I'll be doing 1st quarter - just that the rest, such as organize, research, and build skills, has become as automatic as breathing:
     - spending at least 15 minutes daily (and usually more), working my research plan
     - have a research plan for FHL while at RootsTech, that I'm adding to weekly
     - attending all the society meetings I can, adding notes and actions to Evernote
     - attending all the webinars I can, adding notes and actions to Evernote
     - reading list digests & blogs daily, adding notes and actions to Evernote
     - spending at least 15 minutes daily and at-home evenings digitizing paper to Evernote
     - when in CA, spending at least 2 hours weekly digitizing family photos to Dropbox
     - when in NC, spending at least 1 hour daily digitizing family photos to Dropbox

Hopefully I can soon add blogging at least weekly to that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment